Tips for Using Rub-ons
Rub-ons are delightful for accenting cards, scrapbook layouts and other craft projects: their smooth, seamless look creates the illusion that the design was printed right on your paper. Here are just a few tricks to help you apply rub-ons with great results every time.
1. Most rub-ons will adhere to any smooth surface. Make sure your surface is clean and dry before applying.
2. As you apply your rub-on, the image will get lighter on the transfer sheet, so you know it's adhering.
3. When applying a large rub-on, it's best to work from the center out. This will prevent your image from moving off center as it adheres.
4. After applying your rub-on, slowly lift your transfer sheet to ensure that your rub-on has completely adhered. If an area doesn't stick, reposition the sheet, and continue rubbing.
5. To seal the image and smooth out bumps, position your transfer sheet over the adhered rub-on, and smooth with a flat, spatula-like tool. This technique is called burnishing.